Tuesday, October 20, 2009

ze manuscript, she is finished

Yay! Three months and countless interruptions later, SHADOWSONG finally reaches THE END. I wrote 9,000 words in two days to finish it, which is a lot for me.

I've still got a few weeks before I need to give it in to my editor, so revisions are very much on the cards. But nothing serious. This story is on its way to being awesome, if I may say so myself. Most definitely on the Awesome Train. I love revenge stories. I love banshees. And I love the hero, who's just far too snaky for his own good :)

In the meantime, some party goodness. I'm doing (yes, another!) book giveaway at The Romantic Journey this week. Come along and pick your best urban fantasy/PR first lines.

There's an interview with me at author Christina Phillips' blog, where I harp on about call stories and light bulb moments and suchlike.

And, I'm at Bitten By Books on Wednesday 21 October, chatting about succubi and demons and other urban fantasy goodness:


And to bribe you all into turning up -- and because that's just the kind of generous soul I am -- I'm giving away a nice shiny prize. And it isn't a book. Though you might be able to read books on it. Get along and RSVP to find out what it is, and to get loads more entries to the contest.

And now, I get the day off :)


8 comments:

  1. YAY!
    Congratulations Erica on completing SHADOWSONG.
    I am happy for you, and excited for me, as it is THAT much closer to being a tangible novel in my hands as I eagerly turn its pages.
    :)
    All the best,
    RKCharron
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Well done E. You deserve the day off.
    Kirst

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news on your finishing and moving to editing to improve an already great story.
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a question
    Erica, how did u know u wanted to be a writer? I mean did it just come naturally to u or did u really have to look for it. It's something I wish I would have followed yrs ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Re: Just a question
    Hey, thanks everyone! It's a nice sense of achievement -- and now I get to do all that lovely revising!
    How did I know I wanted to be a writer? Well... I knew I enjoyed it, and wasn't too bad at it. And I never found anything else that made me quite as happy. I think that's the main thing -- whatever you choose, it has to make you happy, or what's the point?
    It isn't easy -- lots of hard work and disappointments along the way -- but if it makes you shine inside, how can you say no?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Feeling
    Hey, Erica, I bet that sense of accomplishment is fantastic. You're a demon at churning out the words - do you have a word count you try to achieve every day when writing a draft? Do you edit as you go or wait until the first rough is done?
    Are you planning a break now or launching stright into something else?
    Kylie G.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Re: Good Feeling
    Hey, Kylie! If only I had a word-churning demon... worth selling your soul for? Maybe :)
    I edit every sentence as it goes by. More than once. This is why I only write 2000 words a day :)
    Next is revisions on this MS. Then on to outlining next MS...

    ReplyDelete